At our first full membership meeting of 2020, we came together to thank three of our founding Board members–each of whom had previously and capably served as Chair–for their longstanding and enormous contributions to our agency, our sector, and our community.
- Marjory Pizzuti, CEO of Goodwill Columbus
- E.J. Thomas, CEO of Habitat for Humanity Mid-Ohio
- Steve Votaw, CEO of Furniture Bank of Central Ohio
The Chamber was founded by a group of committed leaders, including the trio above, who are legends in our community. Their reservoirs of energy, ideas, support, and generosity have meant the world to us at the Chamber, and have made a world of difference to our sector.
Our meeting then elected five new leaders, as our Board has grown to 15 leaders commensurate with the growth of our agency to 80 members.
Those outstanding new Board members represent a diverse array of agencies and perspectives:
- Christie Angel, CEO of YWCA Columbus
- Elizabeth Martinez, CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio
- Dr. Patrick Maynard, CEO of Boundless
- Kate McGarvey, Executive Director of Legal Aid Society of Columbus
- Karen Mozenter, CEO of Jewish Family Services
We are so very excited for the year to come under new Board Chair Rachel Lustig and Vice Chair Peggy Anderson of Equitas Health, and all the new Board members–including last summer’s addition of Tasha Fowler of City Year Columbus and Dr. Seleshi Asfaw of Ethiopian Tewahedo Social Services.