At the Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education® (AFCPE®) our mission is to ensure the highest level of knowledge, skill, and integrity of the personal finance profession by certifying, connecting, and supporting diverse and capable professionals who serve communities worldwide.
We believe in a future where all people — regardless of income or background — are empowered to achieve lasting financial well-being through the highest standards of financial counseling, coaching, and education.
For more information on AFCPE, please visit website.
AFCPE is seeking a mission-focused, strategic, process-minded leader to help scale the organization, improve operational efficiencies, and carry out its strategic plan. The ideal candidate will bring extensive nonprofit leadership experience and have a successful track record of leading and enhancing the administration of a high-performing organization.
The Operations Officer will be focused on improving processes and efficiencies in order to increase organizational productivity and successfully deliver the strategic plan as set forth in partnership with the AFCPE Board of Directors and Executive Director.
As a strategic problem-solver, you will oversee all nonprofit operations, quality assurance, and technology improvements – with an eye for accessibility, while ensuring the growth and development of a dynamic, collaborative, and inclusive leadership team.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Oversees a team of staff, consultants, and vendors
- Responsible for overseeing efficient and effective organizational processes and procedures supporting a strong infrastructure for AFCPE
- Key participant in strategic planning to ensure that AFCPE can successfully fulfill its mission and grow its impact
- Responsible for implementation of the strategic plan
Quality Assurance / Risk Management
- Reviews reports for accuracy and tracks changes to determine program effectiveness
- Develops and implements quality control measures
- Assesses program risks and develops risk mitigation strategies
- Ensures operational performance, budget and other performance standards are exceeded for assigned operational areas
- Responsible for updates to employee handbook, and standard operating procedures
- Coordinate with IT and database providers to increase efficiency, improve reporting, and ensure the team has what they need to function optimally
- Identify opportunities for technology and software improvements.
- Lead research, selection and integration process
- Manage continual improvements to reporting and analysis
- Equipment management (phone/email/computer/zoom)
Human Resources Support
- Responsible for managing the human resources function of the organization including attracting, retaining, training, and evaluating a strong team to support the operations of AFCPE and its future growth and expansion
- Act as primary liaison with Professional Employment
- Organization and HR functions
- Oversee implementation of all contract work
- Determine and maintain effective insurance policies
- Ensure trademarks are renewed
- Negotiate competitive terms for business needs including but not limited to credit card fees, shipping and fulfillment, etc.
Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Integrity and commitment to AFCPE’s mission
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years in nonprofit management, or a related role
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across multiple departments to ensure efficiency and synergy of operations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with board, staff, and leadership
- Ability to create efficiencies and effectively roll out new processes
- Strong leader and manager of people and processes.
- Strategic solutions-oriented problem solver
- Ability to prioritize multiple commitments and drive projects through to completion.
- Ability to work effectively with people from different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Remote position
- Travel less than 10%
- 40 hours/week between 9am-5pm
- Mandatory full staff meetings: travel may be required 1-2 times per year
- Mandatory travel to AFCPE Annual Symposium in November
Salary & Benefits
$85 – 95K
- Health insurance
- Fully paid parental leave
- 401k match
- Time off for volunteering
- Professional development
To apply, e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Both internal and external candidates are welcome to apply.
AFCPE an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. AFCPE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates. Minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org