Website Girls on the Run of Central Ohio
Girls on the Run Central Ohio Development & Marketing Director Our Organization Girls on the Run Central Ohio is a local nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum that creatively integrates running. Our program creates a safe place for girls to grow in confidence through identifying and processing emotions, goal setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while improving their physical health and stamina.
We currently serve over 1,500 girls per year in Franklin, Delaware, Union, Knox and Fairfield counties. GOTR Central Ohio is dedicated to being an inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible organization. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to create programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity, and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization. We warmly welcome the participation of any child who identifies as “girl,” non-binary, or gender expansive in our programs. We are committed to leveraging our intellectual, financial, and human resources to advance strategies to be inclusive, equitable and accessible to all.
The Development & Marketing Director reports directly to the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for and commitment to supporting the social, emotional and physical health of girls by increasing contributed revenue for the organization through diversified funding streams. The Development & Marketing Director leads the organization’s donor relations and fundraising initiatives, with a goal of generating $250,000 in revenue annually. This position is an integral member of the GOTR team and is best suited for individuals who are highly organized, strong at developing personal relationships, and flexible in the face of the unexpected. Primary responsibilities include: leading annual giving campaigns, meticulously maintaining and utilizing CRM data to identify and cultivate donors of all levels, engaging with the Board of Directors to secure their support of fundraising activities, connecting with corporate and community foundations to identify grant and sponsorship opportunities, leading digital/online giving efforts, planning events, and more. This position holds responsibility for expanding and diversifying Girls on the Run of Central Ohio’s donor base and works closely with the Executive Director and other team members to secure funding for operations, new programs and initiatives. Interested candidates should familiarize themselves with our mission, core values, and programs, as described on our website: www.girlsontheruncentralohio.org.
- Development Stewardship & Collaboration
- Work with the Executive Director to strengthen the Board of Directors engagement in fundraising
- Support the Executive Director in cultivating relationships with new and existing donors and sponsors
- Stewards and cultivates relationships with current donors and funders directly and/or by guiding and coaching other team and Board members.
- Develop strategies to continually identify, cultivate and steward donors and sponsors to increase and diversify philanthropic revenue sources
- Represent GOTR at fundraising and friend-raising events and speaking engagements
- Monitor GOTR Headquarters protocols for national partnerships
- Assist with the cultivation and recruitment of fundraising volunteers to support the Development Committee
- Meticulous management and utilization of our Kindful CRM to maintain donor segmentation records
- Expands the donor and funder prospect pool by conducting prospect research on individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Manage a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects for the Executive Director
- Manages the donor recognition and acknowledgement process.
- Research and prepare written fundraising proposals and grant applications
- Provides regular development reports to the Executive Director, Development Committee and Board of Directors
- Manages development interns, as appropriate. Fundraising Strategy
- Create an diversified annual development plan for GOTR to support its short and long-term philanthropic objectives in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Implements peer-to-peer giving strategy
- Develops a major gifts program that integrates planned giving.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director to articulate and promote a clear fundraising message and case for support
- Strategically selects sponsorship opportunities and community outreach events that elevate GOTRCO’s brand awareness
- Develops, plans and implements online/digital giving efforts through the maintenance of a branded fundraising page
- Increases visibility in local corporate/public sector employee giving campaigns
- Plans and leads fundraising events
- Work with Development Committee to review, monitor and assess fund raising programs, and identify meaningful ways for Board of Directors to participate in revenue-generating activities Marketing
- Collaborate across departments to brand programs, events, and notable achievements across multiple social media and other platforms
- Creates unified messaging that connects social media, email and other fundraising campaigns and activities
- Create and coordinate social media content to support fundraising campaigns, program needs and organizational goals
- Directs the creation, production, and distribution of all marketing materials such as e-newsletters and ensures the consistent use of all print and electronic branding assets such as letterhead and logos
- Represents Girls on the Run of Central Ohio in the community by attending and/or speaking at public events
- Coordinate GOTR marketing and promotional obligations to our sponsors
- Maintain communications with radio, television, social media and print media 2023
Development Budget Overview
- Grants – $168,000
- Special Events – $35,000
- Individual, Corporate, Community Giving – $52,000
- Sponsorship – $50,000
We’re looking for:
- 2 years of demonstrated fundraising experience in a non-profit community impact environment with success in progressive development experience in stewarding and cultivating donors and in generating gifts.
- Passionate about Girls on the Run’s mission and core values
- Tech savvy
- Growth Mindset
- Believes the community is best served if we see ourselves as part of a larger ecosystem working collectively
- Meticulous organizational skills
- Impeccable communicator with dynamic interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others
- Knowledge of grant proposals and report requirements of private and public funders
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce grammatically correct, substantive and persuasive proposals, reports and correspondence
- Exceptional networking, relationship-building, team-oriented skills with political savvy and ability to connect organizations to achieve common goals
- Resourceful and creative with attention to detail
- Ability to work with professional and support staff in accomplishing responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Prefer working knowledge of fundraising software
This is a full time position based in Columbus, Ohio. The position allows for flexible remote work; however, the candidate must be locally based to provide hands-on leadership and support to our fundraising operations. This role requires frequent local travel, with reimbursed mileage and frequent in-person and virtual meetings and events with staff and stakeholders. Availability on nights and weekends (as needed) for GOTR events, funding opportunities and ambassador engagements. In a study done by Hewlett-Packard, men apply for a job when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women apply only if they meet 100% of them. We want to change this; if this job feels like a good fit for you but you don’t meet all qualifications, please still apply. We are looking forward to meeting you through the interviews.
This is an exempt position offering a compensation range of $50,000-$55,000 annually, commensurate with experience. In addition, Girls on the Run Central Ohio is proud to provide the following benefits: $5,150 QSEHRA, Paid Vacation: 3 weeks, PTO: 12 days. To apply, submit a resume and three (3) references (include name, title, organization, phone, email and professional relationship) by November 30th to Sarah Hider, Incoming Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.pinwheel.us.