ABOUT WORKING AT HUCKLEBERRY HOUSE
Since 1970, Huck House has been opening doors for central Ohio’s youth. We shelter, support, and guide youth facing challenges with hope and opportunity. Our vision is a community where all youth thrive, no matter their journey. We show up each day to live our values – with youth and with our co-workers:
Advocacy – We champion youth experiencing challenges and we promise to elevate their needs in our community with dignity and respect.
Solace – The housing we provide is more than a roof over their heads, it is a safe haven where youth can heal, recover, and grow.
Authenticity – We meet youth where they are, build connections, and are adaptable in our approach to navigate their unique needs and circumstances.
Compassion – All are welcomed through our doors, regardless of their backgrounds, with a spirit of inclusivity and belonging.
Impact – Our programs are informed by the lived experience of the youth we serve, our decisions are based on research and data, and we are innovative leaders in our fulfillment of mission.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits. What you can expect from Huckleberry House:
An organization structure that guarantees support from your immediate supervisor, team members, and the entire collaborative management team.
~Professional development opportunities tailored to your goals.
~Generous PTO schedule
~Flexible work schedules
~Health and dental insurance
~Short term disability
~Parental leave policy
~No on-call expectations (management team excluded)
~Mileage reimbursement for community based work
If you are looking for a place where your expertise will make an impact and be celebrated by your co-workers, we hope you will consider joining our team.
DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT POSITION DESCRIPTION
The development assistant assists development manager with marketing plans and tasks, maintains donor records, is responsible for in-kind donations, and manages the agency’s volunteer program, and assists with other development projects.
General Development Tasks
1. Receive, record, and acknowledge donations. Prepare tax receipts when required.
2. Assist development manager with report creation and data analysis.
3. Keep the donor portfolios of the Executive Director and Development Manager accurate and up-to-date.
4. Participate in stewardship and cultivation of donors.
5. Assist with fundraising and special events as needed, support event committees.
6. Serve as contact person for Project Safe Place by conducting annual outreach and maintaining relationships with agency partners.
1. Assists development manager in creating annual plan for agency blog. Maintain blog.
2. Assist with social media pages.
3. Make updates to agency website as needed.
4. Assists development manager and executive director with media and community relations.
5. Give tours of agency facilities to visiting donors, potential sponsors, and volunteer groups.
6. Represent agency at school programs, networking events, job fairs, volunteer fairs, panel discussions, etc. as needed.
In-Kind Donation Management
1. Work with staff to identify needs for in-kind donations. Use social media and marketing vehicles to make specific requests for in-kind donations.
2. Maintain agency wish list.
3. Coordinate acceptance of in-kind donations. Distribute in-kind donations to appropriate programs.
4. Manage holiday gift and adoption program and other seasonal gift drives.
5. Acknowledge in-kind donation; cultivate in-kind donors.
Manage Volunteer Program
1. Serve as liaison for volunteer opportunities/coordinator
2. Develop, promote, and maintain volunteer opportunities within the organization. Survey staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance. Maintain Volunteer Opportunities calendar.
3. Participate in community outreach opportunities such as fairs, festivals, local markets and organizations, and online listings. Maintain relationships with volunteer organizations and networks in the area.
4. Recruit and place volunteers.
5. Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service. Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
6. Act as a single point of contact for communications, including resolving grievances and promoting cooperation.
7. Be mindful of the volunteer program’s role as an outreach vehicle for development.
The ideal candidate will bring the following competencies:
· Ability to manage several projects at the same time
· Enthusiasm for the agency and its mission
· Organized, attention to detail and self-directed
· Positive approach to people within and external to the agency
· Experience and interest in development
· Strong verbal, writing, and computer skills
· Creativity and problem solving skills
Minimum education, credentials, and qualifications:
1. High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred
2. Non profit development experience preferred
3. Holds and maintains a valid driver’s license
Effective August 20, 2021, full COVID vaccination is a requirement for employment. We follow local health officials’ health advisories regarding masking and social distance.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@huck-house.org