Website IMPACT Community Action
Reports to: CFO
Job Summary: Directs the day-to-day Finance operations for the agency in the areas of Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable; assist with Agency program budget development and supervises fiscal support staff. The position is part of the agency’s senior management team. Creates and maintains a high-performance environment.
· Manages daily operations of IMPACT’s Finance Department, including payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
· Provides accurate and timely interim financial statements, reflecting funding source revenues and expenditures.
· Oversees compliance with funders’ finance requirements and ensures that timely reporting obligations are met.
· Assists with annual independent audit and grantor program and fiscal audits.
· Assists with agency and program budget preparation. Prepares and evaluates agency and program budget projections as needed.
· Directly supervises the department support staff; evaluates job performance, assigns and reviews work.
· Trains, develops and motivates department staff to improve the quantity and quality of work performed.
· Oversees development and modification of performance objectives to ensure that the goals and objectives of the department are being met.
· Assists with the CFO’s responsibilities in the event of his/her absence.
· Complies with and ensures that compliance with Board-approved financial policies is maintained.
· Maintains knowledge of relevant non-profit trends and legislation regulations, and makes recommendations to ensure organizational compliance.
· Oversees accuracy of financial records to ensure errors are corrected to meet the standards of audits and reporting satisfactorily.
· Engages in fundraising and resource development as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Standard office environment.
Requires ability to operate telephone and personal computer for extended periods of time.
Competencies and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Integrity and Trust
· Strategic Agility
· Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
· Interpersonal Skills
· Experience in the Dynamics of Poverty Culture
· Developing and Motivating Direct Reports
· Managerial Courage
· Decision Quality
· Business Acumen
· Innovation Management
· Budget/Cost Control
· Political Savvy
· Priority Setting
· Verbal, Written Communication Skills
· Presentation Skills
· Technical Skills (e.g. PC applications)
Education and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
· Five or more years of related Accounting and Financial work and managerial experience.
· Experience with computer-based accounting programs, spreadsheet, and word-processing applications.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience in working in a deadline-driven environment.
· Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
· Ohio driver’s license and ability to meet agency insurance policy.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
IMPACT Community Action recognizes that a diverse workforce enhances the organization in many ways. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities that foster diversity and meaningful experiences.
To apply for this job please visit impactca.bamboohr.com.