REPORTS TO: Director of Operations & Facilities Management
DIRECT REPORTS: None
SUMMARY: The Administrative Manager provides support for the efficient day-to-day operations and administrative duties associated with the programs, services, and facilities of Kaleidoscope Youth Center (KYC). Evenings and some weekends may be required.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate operational needs and resources among departments.
- Manages the coverage of external inquiries and information referrals by answering phones, responding to email, and greeting the public as necessary or delegating as appropriate.
- Provides support to KYC senior leadership, departmental directors, and board members as requested; including preparation for Board and/or executive meetings.
- Provides support with the management and administration of the organization’s EHR system.
- Provide support with processing, monitoring, and reporting on donations.
- Provide support with programming, planning, logistics, and coordination of special events, as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings and other organizational meetings or events.
- Coordinate front desk operations.
- Oversees data entry related to attendance and participation.
- Provides support with research and procurement of service providers, equipment, and supplies related to organizational and facility needs.
- Provides support in communications with property managers and vendors for all necessary maintenance and improvements to KYC facilities.
- Provides support with organizational inventory to maintain and order adequate supplies for all departments.
- Coordinates volunteer days of service, and special events.
- Manages interviews and initial screening of volunteers.
- Manages volunteer recruitment, support, and appreciation.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated skill in approaches to problem solving and strategic thinking
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge and ability to serve as a resource and consultant to youth on LGBTQ+, intersectional, and educational issues that impact them.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, tact, discretion, and diplomacy with demonstrated ability to appropriately manage confidential information.
- Computer proficiency and an understanding of Google Workspace preferred.
- Self-motivating and organized with exceptional time management skills.
- Strong leadership capacity with the ability to work both autonomously and within a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth development; adultism, and intersectional identities.
- Strong commitment to and understanding of LGBTQIA+ people, communities, and related issues.
- Adaptable personality with high level of comfort meeting new people and exemplary customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate boundaries with youth.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to KYC’s goals, mission, and vision.
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential information.
The KYC Administrative Manager is a full time, exempt position with a minimum starting salary of $47,500. Benefits include medical/dental/vision insurance, mileage reimbursement, opportunities for professional development, 10 paid holidays observed, IRA enrollment, and flexible/unlimited PTO.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaleidoscope Youth Center is formally based in Columbus; however, operates a hybrid work environment, with the understanding that some positions may require more in person time than others. Applicants should live in Ohio or be willing to move to Ohio. We expect this position to be relevantly divided between in office days, remote work, and in-person meetings; with occasional conferences, meetings, and/or events.
Kaleidoscope Youth Center follows an equal employment opportunity employment policy and employs qualified personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Kaleidoscope Youth Center is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com