Website Star House
With intrinsic passion for the mission and vision of Star House, the Housing Coordinator will report directly to the Housing and Community Services Manager. This role provides support in a variety of functions to the Housing and Community Services Manager that are focused on life skill development, housing retention and education, and Carol Stewart Village processes.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
The following duties are representative of performance expectations; however, the list below is not ranked in order of importance.
● Assist youth in securing housing of their choice, specifically at Carol Stewart Village, at housing offered by our partners, and at scattered housing sites
● Work closely with youth through their housing journey at project-based voucher locations from voucher application to voucher recertification every 12 months
● Complete Income Change and Family Size Change Requests with residents, as needed
● Maintain accurate daily log records, monthly outcome reports, and files for each client
● Transport clients as deemed necessary. Transportation requirements should be limited to case management needs regarding housing support
● Create and maintain consistent communication, verbal and written, between several parties such as the prospective resident, Clinical Services team, and Housing and Community Services Manager
● Serve as an on-going liaison for referred residents, property management, and appropriate Star House team members
● Use knowledge of rental assistance programs and other housing services to assist youth in housing stability as needed
● Develop and provide orientations to prospective residents to prepare them for independent living and lease expectations
● Collaborate with the Engagement and Retention Coordinator on initiatives including resident orientations, move-ins, and continue to stay plans
● Own and execute Exit Plans and the Extra Support Fund for residents exiting Carol Stewart Village
● Execute the Furniture Grant coordination by owning the furniture tracker and working with incoming residents to make appointments to shop for furniture
● Other duties as assigned by the CEO and/or their designee
“Job performance is evaluated according to the policy provisions of Star House and the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio-Council of Governments.”
● Bachelor’s degree in social work, public administration, or other related field or 2+ years of experience working directly with youth experiencing homelessness in a trauma informed environment
● Knowledge of trauma-informed care and positive youth development
● Preferred experience working with housing or housing retention
● Documentation of a clear criminal record in compliance with state statue
● Complies with drug-free workplace rules and Star House and ESC-Council of Governments policies
Note: This assignment may require a valid driver’s license and access/availability of a reliable vehicle.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.