Website Star House
Star House exists to lift young people out of homelessness and into a community of hope. Founded in 2006, Star House operates our nation’s only 24/7/365 drop-in center for teens and young adults experiencing homelessness that offers immediate access to safety and hosts continuous best practice research for effective service. Along with the Finance Fund and Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority, Star House operates the only housing village of its kind in Central Ohio for young people who are exiting homelessness. The organization met the unique needs of 1,160 individual young people in 2022, successfully connecting them with housing, jobs, education, health care, therapy, and a range of community resources.
Star House’s mission is to do whatever it takes to support young people as they exit homelessness and thrive in a community of hope. Our vision is to replicate our evidence-based model of service for youth nationally and globally, based on the demand for our services in other communities.
We are seeking a Housing & Engagement Manager who believes in our mission; embodies our values of unconditional love, doing whatever it takes as long as it takes and creating innovative solutions; and who can help us achieve our vision with development expertise.
Title: Housing & Engagement Manager
Work Location: Star House, 1220 Corrugated Way, Columbus, OH 43201
Carol Stewart Village (CSV), 1551 W. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43222
Reports To: Vice President, Fulfillment & Resources
With intrinsic passion for the mission and vision of Star House, the Housing & Engagement Manager will lead the day-to-day housing and engagement operations at Carol Stewart Village (CSV). The Housing & Engagement Manager will oversee partner and stakeholder relations, resident advocacy and retention, and engagement with social service partners.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
The following duties are representative of performance expectations; however, the list below is not ranked in order of importance.
· Oversee CSV budget and grants to ensure expenditures are monitored and tracked
· Represent Star House/CSV at Central Ohio community meetings and forums
· Establish and cultivate working relationships with The Ohio State University research and all social service partners
· Oversee the housing application referral and eligibility process
· Collaborate with all CSV stakeholders including property management, Finance Fund and Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority
· Manage and support team members on day-to-day functions and activities at CSV. This includes community partners, our Housing Coordinator, our Engagement & Retention Coordinator as well as our various CSV volunteers
· Develop, oversee and manage key performance indicators for all aspects and facets of CSV
· Manage and oversee the full life cycle process of CSV residents from orientation/intake to move-out processes and procedures to ensure success for the residents, partners and stakeholders
· Participate in collaborative mediations with residents, coordinating efforts between various team members, partners and residents
· Create, manage and implement identified policies and procedures
· Serve as the central point of contact for all on-call CSV priority and/or crisis situations, as needed
· Performs other duties as assigned
“Job performance is evaluated according to the policy provisions of Star House and the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio-Council of Governments.”
· Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
· At least 3 years of data analysis and social services coordination experience
· Demonstrated ability in collecting and analyzing data for informed decision-making
· Skill in the use of personal computers, File Maker Pro, CRMs, Microsoft Office
· Demonstrated ability in planning and implementing long- and short-range initiatives to meet established priorities
· Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to provide effective presentations to small and large groups
· Ability to conduct research, gather data, analyze data and prepare reports and other materials
· Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to responsibilities
· Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment
· Ability to passionately lead a team
· Ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities and special community briefings
· Documentation of a clear criminal record in compliance with state statue
· Complies with drug-free workplace rules and Star House and ESC-Council of Governments policies
Note: This assignment may require a valid driver’s license and access/availability of a reliable vehicle.
Star House is committed to equal opportunity employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, socio economic status, national origin, veteran or disability status. In order to further Star House’s mission, achieve our vision and live out our values, drawing from the collective wisdom of a diverse group of individuals is essential. With diverse minds influencing our work and decisions, we can go further for the young people we serve, ensuring that our continued programming and the solutions developed along the way are influenced by the best minds.