The Center for Community Solutions has an immediate opening in Communications to help support social media, brand management, and data visualization. We will consider candidates for either a Communications Assistant or Communications Associate position. This person will support the organization by turning data into engaging visual content, developing templates for reports and presentations, and helping to communicate meaning through clear concise writing. To excel in this position, the candidate will need a strong visual sense and experience creating engaging content, with an interest in developing new communication channels.
Community Solutions is a non-partisan, nonprofit think tank in the health and human services landscape, committed to influencing health, social and economic conditions in Ohio.
Depending on level of experience, the position will be either an Assistant (entry-level) or Associate. Please see accompanying document for a description of the two levels. Candidate will work out of either our downtown Cleveland or downtown Columbus office, with a flexible hybrid schedule (at least 2 days in-office).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field; equivalent work experience
• Strong design sense and ability to maintain brand voice
• Ability to synthesize data into a polished and engaging narrative
• Ability to work independently/remote and with a team
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Organized with ability to pay strong attention to detail
• Canva; InDesign
• Word and Excel, required
• Website Management; experience in WordPress
• Google Analytics; email and social analytics
• Data visualization; graphs, charts; and general graphics
Provides project support to the communications and research teams, primarily in the form of visual communication and data visualization including social media and marketing visuals, report and presentation templates, chart/graph design; infographics; and turn-key report design including content placement.
Essential job responsibilities and results include:
• Design templates and brand for reports and issues briefs
• Assist with report layout and delivery on fast-paced, collaborative projects
• Develop and manage new social media channels and track engagement
• Create marketing collateral: digital banners, social ads, one-pagers
• Assist with website content updates (blog)
• Assist with Zoom and virtual events portals
• Assist with database management
• Additional duties as needed
The Center for Community Solutions is a permanent hybrid working environment. All employees are expected to work from their assigned office in Downtown Cleveland or off Capitol Square in Columbus at least two days per week. At this time, remote work locations must be within the state of Ohio. Employees of The Center for Community Solutions are expected to be up-to-date on their vaccinations, including
an annual flu shot and COVID-19 boosters.
All staff must understand and value racial equity as an organizational operating principle and be committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Reports to: Director of Communications
Assistant is an entry level role; Associate adds 3+ years of relevant work experience
Compensation and Benefits
The Center for Community Solutions provides generous benefits including:
• Ample paid time off including 3 personal days, at least 3 weeks of paid vacation, and 15 paid sick days annually, 11 paid holidays per year, and a week-long office closure between Christmas and New Year.
• 401(k) retirement plan with automatic employer contribution of 3% of salary plus employer match of 0.5% for every 1% of employee contribution up to 4% of salary.
• Annual budget for professional development which covers conferences, trainings, and associated travel.
• Tuition reimbursement opportunities for current students and support for employees seeking student loan forgiveness as employees of a nonprofit organization.
• High deductible health plan with employer covering 100% of the premium for the employee’s coverage and a monthly contribution to a Health Savings Account on the employee’s behalf.
• Main offices in Class A office buildings in central downtown location with lake views in Cleveland and overlooking Columbus Commons in Columbus. Access to building amenities including free access to the
fitness center in the Cleveland.
Visit our employment page for full listing: www.communitysolutions.com/about-ccs/employment/
To apply for this job email your details to HR@communitysolutions.com