Website YWCA Columbus
General Statement of Duties of the Accountant:
Come and work for an organization that is dedicated to the dignity of all women and the elimination of racism. Your expertise is needed in a $10 million finance operation to oversee accounts receivable and cash collections, prepare journal entries and bank reconciliations, analyze account balances and perform other accounting-related tasks
General Responsibilities of the Accountant:
- Responsible for all childcare payments made and processed through EZChildTrack. Follow up on any amounts owed, expired credit cards, tax forms needed, and general payment inquiries. Responsible for reconciliation of related program income and AR accounts.
- Coordinate Publicly Funded Childcare payments (PFCC): track approvals of PFCC awards to parents, enter payments into EZChildTrack and MIP accounting system, enter vouchers into EZCT, monitor for expiring benefits. Responsible for the child care scholarship program, distribution of applications, approval/denial, enter vouchers in EZChildTrack system and monitor fund balance. Work with parents to understand their responsibilities in the process of scholarships and PFCC, and work with site personnel to educate them in the obligations needed to receive reimbursements from our funding agencies.
- Responsible for donor and board member accounts receivable invoicing and collections; record and code daily receipts in MIP accounting system, deposit cash/checks to the bank. On a monthly basis, assist the Development Data Manager as she reconciles all Raisers Edge contribution activity with the financial statement activity.
- Responsible for processing Blackbaud Merchant Services transactions (online activity) into MIP accounting system. Export, manipulate and download files into appropriate formats. Excellent Excel skills and familiarity with data and file manipulation required.
- Responsible to submit various government grant invoices such as: CACFP, TANF and City of Columbus in accordance with the provisions of the grant. Familiarity with grant requirements and provisions; thorough understanding of eligible/ineligible costs; maintain a calendar of all processing and filing due dates.
Deposit tenant rent payment checks and track payment split for all HUD based apartment rentals.
- Maintain fixed asset system and depreciation entries on a monthly basis. Responsible for insurance prepayments and reconciliation of prepaid balances
Minimum Qualifications of the Accountant:
- Associates degree in accounting or business required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred
COVID vaccination required for employment. Can start with in process vaccination as long as the 2nd dose is administered within 30 days of beginning employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com