Website YWCA Columbus
YWCA Columbus is seeking a passionate and experienced Chief Advancement and Engagement Officer to join our team. As an integral member of the executive team, this position will work alongside the Chief Executive Officer to develop and implement comprehensive fundraising strategies to increase dollars raised from contributed and earned income. This position holds responsibility for expanding and diversifying the organization’s donor base and works closely with other team members to secure funding for operations, new programs and initiatives.
YWCA Columbus is one of Columbus, Ohio’s oldest social justice organizations. Our mission, to eliminate racism and empower women serves as a catalyst and advocate for change, justice and good. We fulfill our mission and promote dignity for all by addressing urgent issues for today, supporting those in need through our housing programs, igniting the community by confronting the uncomfortable truths about the things that put people on unequal footing – racism, sexism and poverty, and we are commit to the future generation through our education and leadership programming. YWCA Columbus is part of a national network of YWCA associations across the United States and one of fourteen in Ohio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Responsible for supporting strategic goals by establishing and overseeing a comprehensive fundraising program to include annual giving, major gifts, grant seeking, comprehensive campaigns, corporate giving, community engagement and planned giving.
2. Utilize research, analysis, trends, technology, communication resources, personal contacts, volunteers and staff to create relationships with individual, corporate and philanthropic donors. Cultivates relationships with donors and funders directly and/or by guiding and coaching other team and Board members. Increases visibility in local corporate affinity organizations and workplace volunteer programs.
3. Grows the organization’s donor base and contributed income through the execution of an individual campaign and increased corporate donor and grants from foundations. Working with the YWCA Columbus endowment board, develops a major gifts program with an integrated planned giving program.
4. Works with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop, plan and implement online/digital giving efforts and donor related communication materials; including articulation and promotion of a clear fundraising message, donor communication plan and case for support. Oversees the management of the organization’s fundraising database and tracking system. Overseeing the management of the organization’s donor recognition and acknowledgement process.
5. Represents YWCA Columbus in the community by attending and/or speaking at public events. Leads the non-production related aspects of planning fundraising events. Directs and manages employee and board fundraising drives.
6. Coaches and empowers team to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders at every level to develop donor prospects and volunteers.
7. Provides monthly development reports to CEO, board-level Development Committee and Board of Directors.
Position requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, Journalism, Liberal Arts or related field. Minimum of 10 years professional experience in a nonprofit organization with demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources). Tangible experience expanding and cultivating existing donor relationships. Ability to construct, articulate and implement annual strategic development fundraising plan. Desired candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and engage a wide range of potential and current donors. Strong attention to detail and a dedication to excellent customer service. Commitment to and aptitude for working in a collaborative team environment.
YWCA Columbus offers medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a retirement plan and 401k, and discounted childcare.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org