Website YWCA Columbus
Interested in making an impact in your community by helping families? Then a career as a Family Support Specialist is right choice for you! The YWCA Family Center is seeking qualified family services professionals to join our team and fill an immediate opportunity.
3rd Shift: 10pm – 6am
Responsibilities of the Family Support Specialist:
- Assist homeless families living in shelter to stabilize and resolve their housing crisis.
- Distribute basic need items.
- Connect families with shelter programs and resources.
- Work within a team to ensure successful shelter operations.
- Work within a team to ensure a clean and safe environment.
Requirements of the Family Support Specialist:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year previous employment working within a social service setting.
- Experience working with homelessness or poverty preferred.
- Demonstrated dependability, maturity and initiative.
- Ability to be a strong team member.
- Ability to set and observe appropriate personal limits and boundaries, especially with respect to shelter residents.
- Flexibility to deal effectively with a variety of people, situations, problems and changes.
- Willing and able to follow directions with limited supervision.
- COVID vaccination required for employment. Can start with in process vaccination as long as the 2nd dose is administered within 30 days of beginning employment.
Benefits for the Family Support Specialist:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals.
- Generous time off benefits including personal time, sick time, and vacation.
- Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.ywcacolumbus.org.