Website YWCA Columbus
YWCA Columbus is currently seeking a Director for our YWCA Family Center, providing emergency shelter and services for families without homes. Our 50-room emergency shelter offers a secure place to sleep, while our families receive the critical support needed to find permanent housing and employment. The Family Center Director is a valued member of the Family Center’s management team and ensures the smooth day-to-day running, coordination and supervision of staff and services.
The Family Center Director will lead and empower an innovative organization of excellence dedicated to transforming lives and helping families overcome poverty.
Examples of Duties: (not in order of priority): Any one position may not include all the duties listed; nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.
- Participate and initiate strategic planning, business and operational meetings that clearly communicate operational goals and help ensure such goals are met or exceeded.
- Develops and ensures that services address the current crisis and cause of homelessness so that families are equipped with skills and resources to support housing stability.
- Run a highly efficient, safe and clean emergency shelter.
- Set up systems to accurately, comprehensively and timely collect data and use the results to drive all decision-making.
- Develops and monitors Family Center budget.
- Ensures staff is provided substantive training, including trauma-informed care, motivations interviewing and other approaches to best assist families in crisis.
- Models professionalism and problem-solving behavior for staff, volunteers, families, and the community.
- Oversee the development and implementation of policies and procedures around all aspects of program operations. Direct the creation of tools and procedures for consistent and constant quality improvement throughout the organization.
- Act as a role model in manifesting the YWCA vision and values of eliminating racism and empowering women and their families.
- Ensure that the Family Center is a good neighbor at all times and in all ways. Perform as a critical member of the overall YWCA team.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- Provide leadership in communitywide initiatives dedicated to rebuilding lives and ending homelessness. Advocate for the needs of homeless families.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures, and requirements of government and private funders.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the YWCA and the Family Center. Represents YWCA Columbus in meetings with partner agencies as part of the community’s integrated family homelessness system, and in community discussions focused on promoting housing stability for families.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Bachelor’s in Social Work and/or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum five years of management experience.
- Minimum five years providing crisis intervention services.
- Experience in a shelter or residential program.
- Committed to excellence and highly responsive customer service with a proven ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and experience in working with diverse populations.
To apply for this job please visit www.ywcacolumbus.org.