In Columbus, we vote because we care.
Thank you to all of the incredible community members that answered the question of why voting is important to them in this video.
We hope you’ll tell us why voting is important to you, too.
Thank you to all of our friends and member leaders for lending their voices.
List of Participants
Community Leaders (in order of appearance):
- President Kristina M. Johnson, The Ohio State University
- Densil Porteus, Executive Director, Stonewall Columbus
- Jim Obergefell, Civil Rights Activist, Author, and Speaker
- Tom Katzenmeyer, CEO, Greater Columbus Arts Council
- Jordan Davis, Director, Smart Columbus
- Joanna Pinkerton, President & CEO, COTA
- Nicolle Gomez Racey, VP Communications & Marketing, Columbus Zoo
- Danielle Tong, Community Research & Grants Management Officer, The Columbus Foundation
- Rebecca Joseph, Student, The Moritz College of Law
- Suraj Hinduja, Managing Director, RTRX
- Kyle Strickland, Senior Legal Analyst, Kirwan Institute
- Angela An, News Anchor, WBNS10-TV
- Alex Fischer, CEO, The Columbus Partnership
- Frank LaRose, Ohio Secretary of State
HSC Leaders & Staff (in order of appearance)
- Christie Angel, CEO, YWCA Columbus
- Zerqa Abid, Founder and Executive Director, My Project USA
- Dr. Patrick Maynard, CEO, Boundless
- Sonya Thesing, Executive Director, Huckleberry House
- Elizabeth Martinez, CEO, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio
- Tasha Fowler, CEO, City Year Columbus
- Erin Upchurch, Executive Director, Kaleidoscope Youth Center
- Michelle Moskowitz Brown, Executive Director, Local Matters
- Yolanda Board, Director of Program Development, North Community Counseling Centers
- Jane Leach, Executive Director, Future Ready Columbus
- Tracy Najera, Executive Director, Children’s Defense Fund-Ohio
- Sue Villilo, Assistant VP of Community-Based Services, Lutheran Social Services
- Angela Daniels, Director of Quality Initiatives, Action for Children
- Matthew Goldstein, CEO, Besa
- Gregory Jefferson, CEO, Community for New Direction
- Rachel Lustig, CEO, Catholic Social Services
- Charleta B. Tavares, CEO, PrimaryOne Health
- Nieme Banks, Youth Services Program Coordinator, and Taja Martin, Youth Services Recruiting and Engagement Specialist, IMPACT Community Action
- Ahmed Abukar, Director of Workforce Services, Jewish Family Services
- Lauren Wilson, Executive Director, LSS Faith Mission
- Steve Votaw, CEO, Furniture Bank of Central Ohio
- Malik Perkins, Public Relations Manager, Mid-Ohio Food Collective
It has been a challenging year, and the next few months may be more so. But better days are coming. Because of the care this community has for one another.
We can do this.